Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can System 2016-2021 Camaro 2.0T
Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can System
- Dual Can Setup Mounts with PCV and CCV Systems to Separate Oil from Air using a 50-Micron Bronze Filter
- Helps Reduce Carbon Buildup on Intake Valves
- Patented Billet 6061 Aluminum Can Sealed with Viton O-Rings
- Robust, Application-Specific Bracket Mounts Cans in Serviceable Locations
- Patent-Pending PCV Adapter Allows for Proper Connection into Engine's PCV System
- Pre-Molded Hoses with Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings for Simplified Installation
- Defends Intake System and Essential Engine Components from Oil Blow-By
- CNC-Machined Aluminum Barbed Fittings Ensure a Sturdy Connection Between Lines and Can
- 3 Oz. Catch Can Capacity for Longer Servicing Intervals
- Internal Air Diverter Increases Air Turbulence to Improve Oil Separation
- Helps Maintain Proper Octane Levels to Reduce Potential Detonation
- Filter and Can are Fully Serviceable
- Installs in Under 1 Hour
Why buy one, and then the other? Get both the PCV and CCV Baffled Oil Catch Can Kits combined in one! This is the ultimate method for protecting your LTG engine from the dangers of oil blow-by. With this complete Mishimoto 2016+ Camaro 2.0T Catch Can System, you will have an unbeatable setup that will effectively combat oil blow-by, keeping your intake, charge pipes, and turbocharger compressor free of oil.
To help maintain proper octane levels, prevent blow-by, and reduce potential detonation, we use a patent-pending solution engineered to extract blow-by using the hidden PCV valve inside the valve cover. This complete kit uses two 50-micron bronze filter-equipped catch cans in line with both the PCV and CCV systems and includes application-specific mounts and pre-formed hoses for simplified installation. The dual billet 6061 aluminum catch cans mount securely under your hood as if they came that way from the factory, and they both install in under an hour! The cans mount side-by-side for maximum style and protection.
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If youve seen what weve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you wont want that draining back into your oil either.
- (2) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Cans
- (2) Application-Specific Brackets
- (5) Direct-Fit Hoses
- (3) Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
- (2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
- (2) 3/8" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
- (1) Patent Pending PCV Adapter (supplied with 2 extra O-rings)
- (1) Plastic Barbed Straight Fitting
- (11) Worm Gear Hose Clamps
- Mounting Hardware
Overall Height - 3.8"
Inlet - 3/8" PCV, 1/2" CCV
Outlet - 3/8" PCV, 1/2" CCV
Drain Plug Thread Size - 3/8" NPT
Capacity - 3 fl. oz.
Material - 6061 Aluminum
Baffled - True
Note: 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
Note: After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.